We are looking for a Production Supervisor to join our growing Manufacturing team at Spinrite.
Spinrite is looking for a talented and results-driven 2nd Shift Supervisor for our Thread Department in Toccoa, GA. This candidate should have experience coaching employees, monitoring progress, enforcing rules and ensuring quality compliance. You must possess strong communication and leadership skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively. The Supervisor will be expected to guide, train and support their team members and should be highly motivated to help our company fulfill its larger mission. The successful candidate will be people-centered, supportive and flexible to get the most of their team. This candidate should also be a natural leader that is focused on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver better results.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate with employees daily on issues concerning the department and the company
- Communicate with management concerning departmental and plant issues
- Resolve conflict, problems, and issues that develop in the department
- Determine departmental scheduling, staffing, and machinery requirements
- Evaluate the employees’ performance
- Evaluate departmental job procedures for strategy and proactive solutions
- Communicate and provide detailed reports/explanations to the Production and Plant Manager
- Create a team atmosphere
- Facilitate Manufacturing thru the use of Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Plan job assignments daily to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ensure availability of needed materials and supplies
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Responsible for machinery maintenance on assigned shift
- Responsible for ensuring cycle counting is conducted and maintained with accuracy
- Planning daily job assignments and processes to ensure employee safety and quality and production requirements are met.
- Ensuring availability and coordination of necessary materials and supplies to meet requirements.
- Ensure payroll entries for shift are accurately reflected in the time keeping system.
- Ensure fairness in the administration of employee matters such as vacation scheduling, training, overtime, etc.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Coordinating and ensuring machinery maintenance and repairs during the shift.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Great organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Experience using Dayforce a plus
- Five years experience in textiles a plus