Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join us and contribute to our plans for success.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for a variety of accounting and booking duties such as data entry of invoices, processing payments to vendors, and dealing with vendor inquiries.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all accounting transactions comply with internal and external financial accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Match purchase orders and packing slips to invoices and enter them into the accounting system.
- Enter all invoices without purchase orders into the system ensuring that the correct general ledger coding is applied and that they are approved by appropriate department managers.
- Draw and posts payments to appropriate vendors. Set up payments through internet banking sites.
- Review vendor statements and check for any potential discrepancies.
- Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors regarding outstanding invoices.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Provide support to the finance department as needed.
- Maintain vendor records and other accounts payable documents.
- Customs and brokerage responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong computer skills in applications including:
- Microsoft Office: specifically, Excel and Word
- Accounting software: Experience in an ERP environment (Visual Manufacturing, Global Financials, PRMS, Microsoft D365 preferred)
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Good verbal and written communication skills