Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for an Analyst and Account Support team member to support our Coats & Clark Division.
The Analyst and Account Support will focus on leading the demand plan sales forecasts and providing analytical insights for specific accounts, identifying sales trends and review forecast accordingly, planning and tracking promotional programs, and making recommendations based on those insights and analysis for the Coats & Clark Division portfolio. This role will support account day to day management in terms of communication with the customer buying team, problem solving, product data-entry, promotional plans and collaborating closely with the operations team to maximize sales opportunities.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the demand planning process for all products on the Coats & Clark Division portfolio in assigned accounts (data entry, data and statistical analysis, promotional plans and new items launch, forecast on-time revisions) in the appropriate sales forecasting tool (SAS or APO)
- Actively support the KAM on the day-to-day activities and timely communications with the account
- Collaborate with internal teams (Customer Service, Logistics, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, Finance) to keep a constant flow of communication and business status updates.
- Cooperate with Operations team to help on building strategies to improve in-stock levels, correct orders anomalies, and evaluate SKU performance
- Support exceptional customers’ requests, coordinate internal requests when necessary to provide timely answers
- Support the Key Account Manager with customer meeting preparation
- Present on a regular basis the forecast trends to the KAM and/or management and make necessary revisions with the customer insights that are received
- Develop tools & reports to monitor POS and shipments, inventory levels and service levels for the business
- Provide deep report analysis of current business segments based on customer insights and historical demand, and come forward with business recommendations
- Prepare any necessary daily, weekly and monthly sales reports on the agreed deadlines and with the expected quality level of insights and data
- Own item masterdata accuracy on the assigned accounts, item set-up and maintenance using our own or 3rd party tools (e.g. customer portals)
- Travel to accounts in both Canada and the US, where and when appropriate.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math or Supply Chain Management or +3 years administrative, sales or logistics experience
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Manage multiple tasks & priorities concurrently
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent worker, motivated, self-starter.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills, with extreme focus on Excel sheets
- Knowledge of product base is an asset.
- Working knowledge of big box retail or craft merchants is an asset.
- Retail Category Management experience is an asset.
- Experience with Business Intelligence software, data and dashboards is an asset.
- Experience with Power BI and SAS Forecast or other forecasting software tools is an asset.