Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Junior Buyer to support our Planning and Strategic Sourcing team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Junior Buyer will be responsible for supporting the daily tactical purchasing activities and process of the organization. Key activities of this role will include maintaining our purchase order system, assisting logistics with shipments, working with AP to reconcile invoices, and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining our Purchase Order system which includes placing POs based on schedules and order points, following up for confirmations, updates & changes, and maintaining accurate information in our ERP system
- Assists Logistics in shipping of orders
- Assists AP with reconciling invoices against purchase orders and terms
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers by providing accurate information, timely and reliable feedback, and maintaining positive attitude and team-oriented approach to all duties and responsibilities.
- Assists the business to ensure products and services are procured in a compliant environment.
- Tracks vendor performance and publishes timely and accurate results
- Ensures that procurement service level targets and savings objectives are achieved.
- International travel up to 10% of the time (local and overnight) may be required.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Supply Chain Management or Logistics or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in procurement/logistics environment required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
- Analytical and negotiation skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.