Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. Recently, we acquired Coats & Clark and have been able to propel our growth even further. As a part of this acquisition, we expanded into the sewing threads market, further solidifying our position in the crafts industry and expanding our portfolio.
We are looking for an Assistant Supervisor to support day to day activities within the Warehouse to ensure smooth operations. The Assistant Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining productivity within the Warehouse, maintaining accurate records, and assist with continuously improving operations to guarantee maximum efficiency.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get on board with the fastest-growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety, productivity, and quality in all distribution operations.
- Assist the supervisors, lead hands, and office staff. Engage in all department activities pertaining to warehousing and distribution.
- Assist with establishing the work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- Layout daily orders and assignment ensuring they follow the planned workflow
- Monitor inventory control methods and warehouse operations
- Seek out and capture opportunities for cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Assist in determining the most cost-effective shipping methods and routes.
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment, and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
- Work with customer service, purchasing and production to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems.
- Maintain a fair and equal standard of company rules and policies.
- Maintain compliance with company and legislated safety policies and good housekeeping practices.
- Produce hourly and weekly productivity reports
- Fill out and submit work order labor tickets
- Produce pull sheets, load split orders – prep and print as necessary, assist with assortment planning and direction.
- Assist with resolving work-related problems.
- Document and create standard operating procedures as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 – 5 years of previous experience in a leadership role
- Previous experience within a distribution environment is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing and Warehouse Management Software is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills