Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America and has a broad catalogue of products that are available through our retail partners and directly to the consumer on Yarnspirations.com. Alongside our product offering, Spinrite provides creative inspiration to consumers online through social media, lookbooks, videos, blogs and more.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, UX & Design, the Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for creating digital assets and UI components that speaks to our consumers, driving engagement and conversion. This role is an integral part of the Spinrite team and is responsible for creating visual experiences across Yarnspirations.com’s digital channels.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you are passionate about all things design and have a strong sense of brand, and delivering the best consumer experience, this role may be for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as an integral member of the Spinrite team to create visual experiences across all online channels that speak to consumers driving inspiration and conversion.
- Produce digital assets – including promotional banners, graphics, video, for strategic use in Spinrite’s digital communication channels.
- Build UI components that align with our overall design language and comply with our accessibility standards.
- Be an essential member in the development of Yarnspirations’ overall user experience including ideation and wireframing.
- Develop and enforce content archiving policies including adherence to web, accessibility, and brand standards.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to manage and distribute necessary assets and design comps for site updates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of UI/UX digital design experience, preferably in crafting or fashion/beauty ecommerce industries.
- Online digital design portfolio is a must.
- Complete proficiency of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite especially in Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and AfterEffects.
- Designing for responsive and adaptive displays and meeting or exceeding web accessibility standards is second nature.
- Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense with attention to detail.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams and is comfortable taking initiative to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to multi-task and remain composed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management skills, deadline oriented, and results driven, thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal competence including reliability, consistency, flexibility and adaptability in day-to-day interactions.
- Product & Lifestyle photography experience an asset.