Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. The Digital Merchandising Coordinator is a key member of the digital team, focused on supporting the growth of Spinrite’s direct-to-consumer sales channel and consumer experience online.
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of content for Yarnspirations.com. Reporting to the Digital Merchandising Manager, the Digital Merchandising Coordinator will help Spinrite reach its e-commerce sales goals by optimizing content, improving overall user experience, executing digital marketing campaigns and continuously improving Yarnspirations.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and optimize consumer-facing product, pattern, and category pages and back-end catalogs of direct-to-consumer website.
- Assist in the planning and lead execution of digital promotions, campaigns, and site merchandising.
- Manage site content and geo-targeted user experiences.
- Ensure site-wide consistency of product information, tagging, and content visual execution.
- Review the site daily with a customer-first mindset, ensuring integrity, consistency, and accuracy
- Develop keyword-optimized copy for various uses across multiple digital platforms.
Build paid media plans and execute the campaigns to drive business growth. This includes paid search, paid social and paid display.
- Help in developing and executing SEO strategy to improve SERP ranking and to increase organic traffic.
- Optimize the site experience for the consumer, using data and insights to drive site improvements and digital marketing initiative.
- Serve as in-house CMS problem solver, working closely with development agency partner when necessary.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather necessary assets for site updates.
Publish content according to best practice, ensuring it is optimized for mobile and search.
- Work with Consumer Service team to address consumer issues via site improvements and fixes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in a digital e-commerce, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in content management systems, eCommerce, merchandising, web retail, marketing, visual communications or related field
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (experience in Sketch an asset)
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while maintaining accuracy
- Must understand the nuances of digital design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactively fixes problems, improves processes and proposes new ideas
- Capable of working independently while also coordinating with cross-functional teams
- CSS/JS considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices is an asset