Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Distribution Manager to ensure the safe and efficient operations of our Distribution facilities in Albany, Georgia.
Reporting to the VP of Distribution, the Distribution Manager will ensure Spinrite is efficiently responding to our customers’ needs by providing leadership and direction to our distribution teams in Albany.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
- Communicate with supervisors daily on issues concerning the DC and the company
- Communicate with other management concerning departmental and plant issues
- Resolve conflict, problems, and issues that develop in the departments
- Determine facility scheduling, staffing, and capital requirements
- Determine and execute Capital Expenditure needs.
- Work with VP Distribution and accounting on operating budgets and standards
- Set continuous improvement goals
- Ensure equipment maintenance is performed according to schedule.
- Evaluate the supervisor’s performance
- Evaluate facility job procedures for strategy and proactive solutions
- Evaluate management tools and search for, organize, or develop new tools
- Communicate and provide detailed reports/explanations to the VP Distribution
- Monitor labor, repair parts and supply costs so as to meet budgets.
- Create a team atmosphere
- Other duties as required
- Ten years of leadership experience in a Distribution environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Knowledge of distribution systems and processes
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Prior experience with ERP or WMS systems would be an asset
To apply for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter below.