Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Distribution Manager to manage our Distribution centre in Listowel, Ontario.
Reporting to the VP of Distribution, the Distribution Manager will strategically and proactively determine facility scheduling, staffing, and capital requirements; determine and execute Capital Expenditure needs; assist with operating budgets and standards; and set continuous improvement goals. This collaborative, engaging leader will oversee and develop a dedicated team of Distribution supervisors and associates, fostering a positive, progressive work culture where safety and a customer-centric focus are upheld and highly valued. In addition, the Distribution Manager will maintain a productive work environment through the analysis, evaluation, and development of facility job procedures and existing management tools/techniques.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and aspire for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Determine facility scheduling, staffing and capital requirements
- Determine and execute capital expenditure needs
- Assist with operating budgets and standards
- Set continuous improvement goals
- Oversee and develop distribution supervisors and associates
- Foster a safe, positive, progressive and productive work culture
- Communicate with employees and management daily
- Communicate and provide detailed reports/analysis to senior leadership
- Resolve conflict, problems, and issues that develop
- Ensure availability of needed materials and supplies
- Ensure payroll entries for shift are accurately reflected in the time keeping system.
- Ensure fairness in the administration of employee matters such as vacation scheduling, training, overtime, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in a distribution environment
- Proven capability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience with ERP/WMS systems would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Great organizational skills and an eye for detail