Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Finance Manager to lead our financial reporting.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will lead the financial reporting and costing efforts with regular oversight of the company’s ERP and financial systems, ensuring deadlines are met on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. This role will also support and assist the finance team in identifying areas for growth and improvement throughout the company.
Spinrite continues to execute on aggressive growth plans. This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within a process-oriented, evolving, and growing workplace.
Role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for monthly consolidation and reporting process, including preparation of the consolidation and consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare monthly functional currency translation.
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly Board package and MD&A analysis.
- Prepare reporting to lenders and Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Responsible for managing the standard cost systems and perpetual inventory systems (including physical inventory and cycle counts).
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for e-commerce business.
- Provide analysis and support to operations as required.
- Conduct monthly budget to actual review meetings with department managers.
- Provide management with information and financial analysis to support decision-making as required.
- Review and authorize payments.
- Develop and manage internal controls over financial reporting.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for maintenance of the ERP system, including supporting with implementation.
- Lead the costing team with cross-functional collaboration
- Complete government surveys as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA designation
- University degree or equivalent in business, finance or accounting.
- 7+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible and team oriented.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Access would be preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, Global, Visual and PRMS systems is an asset