Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for an HR Coordinator to support our workforce in Albany, GA.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the HR function in our manufacturing facility in Albany, GA. This position will provide day-to-day assistance, coordinate various programs and initiatives and maintain key documentation.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking to gain experience in the field of HR as this role will have exposure to performance management, recruitment, employment processing, employee relations, payroll and the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies.
- Accept and review resumes, call applicants to schedule interviews, preview and interview applicants for open positions. Schedule interviews for supervisors.
- Complete all new hire sessions, new hire paperwork, set up personnel file, make badges and conduct orientation and safety training. Maintain labor pool candidates.
- Answer employee questions and addresses employee concerns with company; including employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Prepare job postings and post for open positions as necessary. Verify acceptance/refusal forms are received and filed. Also, send letters to associates explaining why they were not the successful bidder.
- File partial unemployment claims for all hourly associates during company shut down periods. Call the DOL when needed to provide follow up for associates that may have any issues with their claim.
- Create a team atmosphere
- Other duties as assigned
- Associated degree in Business Administration or related field or 2 years of administrative work experience in HR
- Knowledge of all applicable HR and H&S legislation and related company policies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization and time management skills