Spinrite is North America’s largest marketer of craft yarn. Earlier this year, we acquired Coats & Clark Inc., doubling our headcount and accelerating the growth of our company. With this, we are expanding our HR team, which plays a vital role in supporting our workforce so we can continue to inspire our consumers.
Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Coordinator will play a key role by supporting the HR and Health and Safety (H&S) functions in all areas of the business. This position will provide day-to-day assistance, coordinate various programs and initiatives and maintain key documentation.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking to gain experience in the field of HR. As our organization continues to grow, this position will be exposed to a variety of functions and will be part of a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain monthly, quarterly and year-end HR reports and statistics
- Support benefits administration
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process
- Maintain confidential staff files
- Work with Department Managers/Supervisors to develop and maintain job descriptions
- Support the claims management and return to work programs
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing communication messages (Dayforce, Communication Screens, Facebook, e-mail, and corporate website)
- Coordinate employee onboarding
- Coordinate and track HR and H&S training
- Maintain and improve HR and H&S data, files, statistics and records
- Review and update HR and H&S policies
- Coordinate employee committee meetings and maintain meeting minutes
- Provide support to the HR team
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- A college diploma in a field related to HR or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge of all applicable HR and H&S legislation and related company policies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization and time management skills