This position works 4 10-hour shifts from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday to Thursday but hours may be flexible to suit your lifestyle.
- Troubleshooting and repair of system problems
- Recommends and implements preventative maintenance schedules
- Assists in relocation of systems
- Maintaining, commissioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, analyzing performance, and repairing of electrical equipment and systems, including essential power systems, power distribution, pneumatic tube, fire monitoring and alarm, lighting, critical uninterruptable power supply, VFD’s, and programmable logic controllers
- Installs of electrical systems, fixtures, plugs, electrical components, and other equipment as required
- Completes preventative maintenance including checking and recording new equipment as per standards, tests, and services existing equipment (generators, breakers, transfer switches, transformers, UPS, Motors, Control Panels etc.)
- Determines nature and extent of repair work required; plans details of working procedure and isolation of circuits; procures tools and materials required to cause minimum interference to operations; and takes necessary safety precautions
- Apply PLC logic for troubleshooting.
- Interprets all types of drawings, wiring diagrams and equipment manuals to locate and install circuits and equipment; to determine material or replacement needs, and to select logical approach to “troubleshooting” and repair problems; makes field sketches, notifies supervisor/manager of any mechanical problems
- Possess Industrial Electrician or Construction Maintenance License (442A, 309A)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of PLC troubleshooting and programming
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Application of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Excellent communication and math skills.
- Self-starter with an ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent sense of urgency, work ethic and attendance record
- High Energy and initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills