Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America with operations in Listowel, Toronto, as well as facilities in the United States!
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Millwright to join our growing team in Listowel, ON. At Spinrite, we have big plans, so the ideal candidate will be someone who is adept at working within an evolving workplace, but can also maintain key processes and manufacturing functions. The key for this position is growth, and we would like someone who is open to growing with us while we explore new possibilities.
The Millwright will play a key role by fulfilling essential continuous improvement functions while supporting all departments in Listowel. Key responsibilities for this role will include preventive and ongoing maintenance of production equipment, compressed air and boiler systems as well as the overall maintenance of the facility.
This position is on our night shift that runs Monday to Thursday, 9 p.m. – 7 a.m. (10 hour shift).
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks including overhaul and repair of motors and production equipment, line changes, and critical mechanical repairs.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting all production equipment.
- Maintain logs to support preventive maintenance.
- Ordering and maintaining the inventories of parts
- Refurbishing components when required
- Assemble and install new equipment and make modifications to existing equipment.
- Apply PLC logic for troubleshooting.
- Order required material
- Perform route cause analysis for troubleshooting
- Perform up-keep of boilers
- Work in other areas within Spinrite as assigned
- Possess Industrial Millwright Licence or working towards Licence
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Machine tools such as tig/mig/arc welders, lathe, milling machine
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Mechanical tools and blueprint reading
- Application of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Excellent communication and math skills.
- Available for emergency call-in and overtime work.
- Ability to climb ladders and handle parts weighing up to 90 pounds.