The Manager, Digital Analytics & Optimization will provide real-time, actionable insights and recommendations, using data analytics, across all Spinrite’s digital platforms and consumer touchpoints. This position requires extensive experience with budgeting and forecasting, ability to analyze UX and consumer journeys, and a deep understanding of the eCommerce and digital marketing sales funnel.
The overall objectives of the Manager, Digital Analytics & Optimization are to deliver consumer insights and trends in digital behavior and to recommend modifications in order to optimize the digital consumer experience – from inspiration through to purchase. This person will work closely with the team to assist in connecting with consumers during all stages of their digital buying journey.
This position is tasked with the selection and implementation of best-in-class analytical tools to provide the data and insights to achieve the objectives outlined below. As a part of this job, you will:
- Serve as the company’s digital data & analytics leader, developing the strategy with which data-driven insights and recommendations will be used to support business growth.
- Keep abreast of latest PPC and SEO products, services, information and trends. Stay up-to-date on algorithms, features and trends related to search analytics. Proactively inform leadership of new developments and provide recommendations.
- Lead Financial initiatives within the Digital Team such as SGA reviews, margin/financial scenarios calculations, and digital forecasting.
- Identify metrics and provide analysis on a variety of online campaigns, including paid, owned and earned media.
- Contribute to goal-setting and KPI definition for the e-commerce team, based upon industry standards, competitive intelligence and benchmarks.
- Analyze transactions data to uncover consumer pain points and optimize the buying process on Yarnspirations.com.
- Utilize competitive intelligence tools to develop category benchmarks and provide insights into competitor activity.
- Assist in promotional planning through the analysis of historical performance and data-driven hypotheses of new promo opportunities.
- Analyze e-commerce data from multiple online channels; direct-to-consumer, marketplaces, retail.com and e-tail (primarily Amazon) to provide cross-channel recommendations.
- Integrate multiple data sources in your analysis; including shopping behavior, web analytics, household, mobile, weather, social media, and competitive data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in analytics related fields such as statistics, business, economics or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing/reporting on web analytics and providing actionable insights to business decision makers.
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics; you can set events, goals and generate insightful reports in your sleep
- Strong understanding of a variety of web, e-commerce, CRM, social and competitive analytical tools (Rival IQ, SEM Rush, Similar Web, Social Analytics platforms or equivalent)
- Proficient knowledge of BI platforms, relational databases, and visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Experience with SQL querying/data extraction/data modeling for analysis and reporting.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of UX design and the impact it can have on the online shopping process.
- Strong knowledge of search engine marketing and paid advertising programs, internally or with external agencies
- Strong knowledge of organic search and optimization, with an understanding of how to optimize a site to drive organic traffic growth and measuring the results of such improvements
- Demonstrated measurable e-commerce sales & web traffic growth and conversion rate improvement through actionable, data-driven recommendations.
- Great communication and presentation skills, with a knack for presenting complex data in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.