Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Manager, Reporting & Internal Controls to help enhance and strengthen our reporting and internal control infrastructure.
In this role, you will be Spinrite’s reporting and internal control champion, creating and communicating various reports, policies and procedures throughout the organization. The Manager, Reporting & Internal Controls will develop cross functional relationships to build and support Spinrite’s reporting and internal control infrastructure, ensuring that we are well positioned for growth. As a member of the finance team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a group of talented, forward-thinking and collaborative CPAs who are driven to push our company forward.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth and acquisitions. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the ERP, ensuring that all relevant internal controls, policies and procedures are in force.
- Manage the consolidation and preparation of monthly internal financial statements, management discussion and analysis, all board of director reports and bank reporting.
- Manage the annual financial statements and notes process, including being a key contact for the external financial statement audit.
- Partner with various corporate functional leads to develop, manage and analyze relevant financial and operational reports.
- Support financial planning & analysis efforts on recurring and ad hoc projects including the annual budget process and various strategic initiatives.
- University degree or college diploma in accounting / business administration
- CPA, CA designation
- 5+ years of progressive corporate consolidation and financial reporting experience
- Public accounting experience is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to describe complex accounting concepts to various non-finance audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Self-motivated and proactive with respect to managing workload and professional development
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail and deliver results under tight deadlines
- High-level of proficiency in Excel, and comfort working with Word and PowerPoint is an asset
- Software experience with ERP, BI, reporting and consolidation software is an asset