We are looking for a Manufacturing Technologist to join our team and bring our production processes to new heights through continuous improvement initiatives.
The Manufacturing Technologist will work closely with the production staff to find ways to reduce waste and inefficiencies in production processes. As a member of the manufacturing team, they will work to create efficient systems that successfully integrate the efforts of our production associates with the insights we derive from our manufacturing data.
This role will work with a number of departments to meet objectives. The Manufacturing Technologist will work with the production teams to evaluate and modify manufacturing bill of materials, routings and procedures to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space. They will work in coordination with continuous improvement initiatives to minimize production costs and waste while ensuring that products meet quality standards and our consumers’ expectations.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a team player, have a proven ability to use ingenuity and creativity in various settings and understand key mathematics principles for analysis, design, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop standards for production by working with Management and maintain standards in our corporate ERP system.
- Establish methods and standards for all new product routings.
- Review production information to understand methods and procedures including but not limited to production schedules, production flows and product specifications.
- Design procedures to minimize production costs
- Create systems and procedures to ensure production standards are met.
- Work with managers/supervisors to identify and analyze causes of variances; develop corrective action plans to correct variances
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives for layout, work flow analysis, process analysis and work simplification.
- Develop metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Work across all departments to develop and implement procedures to reduce cost.
- Minimum five (5) years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, (certification in either is a plus)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel and Access
- Knowledge of ERP systems (experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset)