Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Marketing Analyst to provide support to the Director of Commercial Analytics and Insights. The candidate will be responsible for report building and management for marketing insight generation and to carry out analysis using commercial data to assist in key actionable market insights that help the marketing teams optimize operation.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Report Building and Management
- Build new reporting and data visualizations for projects and teams that meet specific and measurable business goals.
- Design, implement and maintain, and educate teams on scorecards to empower users to, themselves, measure success in endeavors.
- Optimize existing reporting to ensure clear and concise measurement of deliverables by all marketing teams.
- Manage existing reporting to ensure up-to-date information is displayed, as well as amending reports when new data is available.
Data Collection, Aggregation and Validation
- Proactively collect new data and absorb into existing data systems for new and future reporting facets.
- Understand current architecture of data and ensure new and existing information appropriately meets existing standards, while identifying ways to ‘future-proof’ data.
- Aggregate and continually validate new and existing data to ensure reporting integrity. Repair and clean data where necessary.
Project Requirement Collection
- Collect key requirements for new and existing projects and translate these into actionable objectives that can be carried out to completion of the project.
- Understand the business drivers for projects and, based on these, recommend appropriate measures of success and data requirements to meet and exceed project goals.
- Continually meet and update project leads with insights and changes to analytics and insight deliverables with clear and consistent communication.
Data Analytics and Insight Exploration
- Proactively engage in insight exploration to provide new measurement frameworks and concepts using new and existing data.
- Using knowledge of the business and teams operation, design and create tools that allow teams to explore customer behavior and spending habits in order to allow generation of concepts for further analysis.
- Strong data management & analytical skills.
- Proven history of data validation and cleaning.
- Prior experience with data visualization tools. (Power BI, Tableau, Domo, Looker etc.)
- Excellent Excel / Google Sheets knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including oral and written communication).
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and engaging with various teams across a business.
- Critical attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Problem solving skills- solution focused.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a data analytics role (or similar).
- Experience with SQL / Python is an asset.
- Knowledge of statistical models / basic regression techniques is a plus.
- College or University education in science including mathematics & statistics.