Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Payroll, Benefits and HRIS Analyst to support our Human Resources team.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Payroll/Benefits/HRIS Analyst is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all US payroll and managing all functions associated with the administration of the company’s US employee benefit programs. This individual will have a high level of responsibility as it relates to applying proper taxes and benefit deductions to employees throughout the U.S. including taxes, health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account plans, and retirement plans.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and aspire for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll transactions in Ceridian Dayforce for multiple states, locations, and payroll cycles for 600+ employees in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the efficiency of payroll cycles by maintaining and troubleshooting payroll software issues
- Ensure payroll compliance by reconciling year end W-2’s in software, making necessary corrections using year end off cycles, running pre-views and finalization to print W-2’s for all companies.
- Serve as the liaison to third party payroll and benefit vendors.
- Identify teams or managers out of compliance with company pay policies or other laws or regulations and work with those teams, management, and HR to train them and resolve the issues.
- Coordinate year-end audits, balancing these to the year-end payroll registers, making any necessary corrections and transmitting reports to third party vendors.
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and insurance premium payment processing. Manage benefit eligibility and payments for those employees on leave of absence.
- Coordinate and correspond with various internal and external customers, such as external agencies and benefit plan administrators (external); directors, departments and staff (internal).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits. Researches and evaluates complex payroll and employee benefit issues; develops effective solutions and options; responds to benefits issues, and answers more complex benefits queries.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and local leave laws.
- Actively participate in the design and testing of Dayforce or other system set up, automating processes and reporting tools. Coordinate system testing to ensure proper functioning of systems.
- Manage 401k plan including employee contribution elections and 401(k) loan payments, monitoring enrollment changes, and entering new hires or employee termination events into the 401k system in conjunction with plan rules.
- Provide training to HR users and Spinrite managers for their use of Dayforce.
- Participates in the development of HR technology driven process improvements by evaluating current HR processes and data practices.
- Assist HR Business Partners with the implementation of employee focused Company programs such as Performance Review Process, Attendance Management Program, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned within the HR function.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications in HR or finance related field.
- 5+ years of multi-state Payroll experience in a mid to large size company. 5+ years of experience in the management of employee benefits programs including defined contribution plans.
- Experience with implementing employee benefit programs and human resources information systems (Dayforce/Ceridian software experience preferred).
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Federal and State payroll tax laws and 401k processing.
- Must be technically strong, resourceful, and be able to maintain high level of confidentiality along with excellent customer service skills
- Highly detail oriented, organized and an ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex payroll and benefits issues so root causes are identified and fixed correctly.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications, especially MS Excel
- Experience with Federal and State employee benefit laws involving employee benefits (Such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA).
- Ability to maintain separation of duties and hold others accountable for their deadlines as related to payroll.
- Ability to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Working knowledge of human resources management principles and practices in all human resources programs preferred.
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.