Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Planning Manager to lead our continuous improvement efforts on order fill rates and inventory returns.
Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, the Planning Manager will build the review materials on fill rate for all internal customers on a weekly cadence and within the Sales & Operation planning cycle. A large part of this role will be collaborating closely with the Sales and Planning teams to support the evolving sales forecast and to provide updates on the feasibility of plans.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop effective reporting tools (for internal customers) to show service level by business unit, key customer, country, and program to facilitate root cause analysis and gap closing actions
- Develop and deploy root cause tree (3 levels minimum) to supply planners, and provide training so that service gaps are consistently reported across all factories and for outsourced finished goods
- Support the sales teams to bridge the internal reporting tools with service ‘as measured by each customer’
- Recommend changes in planning methods, and make/buy choices, to the VP of supply chain, as needed to fix recurring defects
- Liase with the order management and distribution teams to effectively manage out of stocks and low stocks – for any allocation needs, and inventory reserves – so that when allocation is required, it is tightly controlled until no longer needed
- Lead the weekly reporting of service for all internal customers
- Within the S&OP cycle, participate in the demand review and lead the monthly supply review (feasibility check, and recommended actions, on major changes to forecast)
- Develop the annual inventory budget
- Report inventory health for finished goods, raw materials, and intermediates – and develop appropriate actions to reduce/eliminate slow-moving and obsolete inventory
- Report Inventory Turns and Days On Hand at a Business Unit level – and develop continuous improvement plans to increase Turns, and reduce DOH, year on year
- Liase with Finance and Marketing to lead an annual SKU Rationalization effort, to ‘kill or cure’ slow-moving SKUs
- Participate in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- International travel up to 10% of the time (local and overnight) may be required
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a planning environment (within an ERP system)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or equivalent experience is preferred.
- CPIM accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing
- Expert level in MS Excel, able to collate and manipulate data sets to analyze
- Ability to train others. Direct supervisory experience is advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time