We are looking for a Plant Engineer to join our growing team in Albany, GA.
The Plant Engineer will play a key role by independently fulfilling essential continuous improvement functions while supporting all departments in Albany. At Spinrite, we have big plans, so the ideal candidate will be someone who is adept at working within an evolving workplace but can also help us to maintain key processes and functions.
As a part of this role, the Plant Engineer will also have an opportunity to become a key team member in ensuring the infrastructure and facilities at the Albany Manufacturing Plant are fully optimized to support the robust manufacturing environment. Key responsibilities for this role will include preventive and ongoing maintenance of the HVAC, compressed air and boiler systems as well as the overall maintenance of the facility. The key for this position is growth, and we would like someone who is open to growing with us while we explore new possibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Ensure proper maintenance of facility and equipment to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Development and implementation of effective training and advancement programs for maintenance personnel.
- Conduct periodic audits of equipment throughout the plant to ensure effectiveness of maintenance systems.
- Ensure the plant operates within budget on maintenance, parts and supplies.
- Ensure environmental compliance. Keep all assigned safety and environmental compliance programs up to date.
- Knowledge of plant facilities’ systems such as air conditioning, boilers, and air compressors.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of agencies such as EPA, EPD and OSHA as well as other state and local agencies.
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels in the organization, including corporate engineering personnel.
- Associates degree in mechanical/electrical, or 10 years of maintenance/maintenance management experience.
- Good maintenance troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen awareness and focus on safety and quality.