Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Procurement Manager, Indirect and Services.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Procurement Manager, Indirect & Services is responsible for all sourcing decisions, contract negotiation, cost savings projects, policy development, and efficient work processes associated with the purchase of indirect goods and services. This role will collaborate closely with internal teams and external suppliers to generate value for the company by finding cost savings with existing and new suppliers and by improving internal processes.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage supplier portfolio to support indirect order fulfillment, and continuous services, both tactically and strategically for long-term risk mitigation.
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and make recommendations for improvements
- Work with our planning and sourcing teams to implement improvements in collaboration with other functional areas (Marketing, Distribution, New Product Development, Sales, etc.)
- Develop requirements, standards, and procedures and deploy to end users through effective communication and training
- Develop an efficient and accurate routine for monitoring all open purchase orders and planning activities.
- Oversee implementation of projects; manage projects until complete.
- Track KPIs and report on supplier performance
- Support all internal stakeholders in managing daily issuance and expediting of vendor PO’s, cost negotiations, relationship management, and service performance
- Other duties as assigned
- International travel up to 10% of the time (local and overnight) may be required.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Business Administration; Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Logistics or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Buyer, preferably with indirect experience
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Experience working within ERP systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, INFOR, PeopleSoft or similar)
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Positive / proactive approach
- Working knowledge of MS Office (with a strong comfort level in Excel and Pivot tables), relational databases and
- CPSM, CSCP accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous