Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Product Manager to support the continued growth of our business.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, The Product Manager is responsible for understanding the consumer needs for our product lines and developing and implementing strong product propositions and merchandising tools to reinforce our brands’ presence with our customers and distribution channels.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get on board with the fastest-growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively propose, develop and support the implementation of new product propositions to gain market share for our brands (product, packaging, PDQs, inspiration & activation plan), and coordinate with Manufacturing and/or Sourcing the needs and specifications for these products.
- Work closely with trend reports, consumer data & customer insights to build a pipeline of ideas for usage of our products on a semi-annual basis
- Keep close and regular contact with key account team to understand the opportunities and needs in terms of our product lines to win and/or improve shelve space in existing and/or new customers
- Develop new product costing and propose retail pricing and profitability on all new SKUs and product offers for existing or new programs.
- Support Procurement & Purchasing on all aspects of marketing suppliers’ management (internal or external) for one-off or on-going purchases of POS materials, in terms of financial objectives, quality standards and definition of specifications.
- Support Sales in the forecasts required for new product developments
- Lead, with the involvement of the key stakeholders, the visual guidelines for in-store merchandising materials to support our programs
- Support the Inspiration/Design team and Digital Team in the development of marketing programs to promote the purchase and usage of our brands & products
- To monitor product lifecycle, SKU performance, and pro-actively propose changes to the category going forward.
- To ensure accuracy and timely execution of product Masterdata set-up by providing all the necessary Marketing inputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Minimum three years’ related product management experience or trade marketing and merchandising experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Creative & Innovative capabilities
- Collaborative & Team player
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Objectives and results-oriented
- Proficient with financial cost value relationship and perceived value to sell price.
- Brand management and positioning expertise
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability & flexibility to travel
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in the craft industry would be an asset.
- Familiarity with licensing agreements would be an asset.