Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Purchasing Analyst/Buyer to support our continued growth.
Reporting to the VP of Planning and Strategic Sourcing, the Purchasing Analyst/Buyer is a hybrid role that gathers data and conducts analysis with the goal of improving the department/organization’s supply chain effectiveness (cost or operational efficiency) and supports the daily purchasing activities of the organization.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data
- Develop requirements, standards, and procedures
- Identify improvement opportunities or future challenges to supply chain performance & efficiency
- Work with our planning and sourcing teams to implement improvements in collaboration with other functional areas (Marketing, Distribution, New Product Development, Sales, etc.)
- Oversee implementation of projects; manage projects until complete.
- Support the Purchasing Manager in managing daily issuance and expediting of vendor PO’s, cost negotiations, relationship management, and service performance
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and make recommendations for improvements
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance
- International travel up to 10% of the time (local and overnight) may be required.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Business Administration; Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Logistics or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in procurement/logistics/supply chain environment required.
- Professional supply Chain Certification a plus (CPIM, CPSC, CPM)
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Familiar or exposure to the following supply chain processes (e.g. Inventory Planning, Master Scheduling, Procurement, Manufacturing Operations, and Sales and Operations Planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (with a strong comfort level in Excel and Pivot tables), relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, INFOR, PeopleSoft or similar)
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Positive / proactive approach
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.