Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Buyer to support our continued growth.
Reporting to the VP of Planning and Strategic Sourcing, the Buyer will be primarily responsible for the planning, selecting and buying of merchandise of one or more product categories.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively utilize the ERP system to manage overall category inventory levels for short and long-term time horizons
- Develop an efficient and accurate routine for monitoring all open purchase orders and planning activities.
- Manage supplier portfolio to support inventory fulfillment both tactically and strategically for long-term risk mitigation.
- Identify improvement opportunities or future challenges to supply chain performance & efficiency
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and make recommendations for improvements
- Work with our planning and sourcing teams to implement improvements in collaboration with other functional areas (Marketing, Distribution, New Product Development, Sales, etc.)
- Develop requirements, standards, and procedures
- Oversee implementation of projects; manage projects until complete.
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance
- Support the Purchasing Manager in managing daily issuance and expediting of vendor PO’s, cost negotiations, relationship management, and service performance
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Business Administration; Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Logistics or equivalent experience is
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in procurement/logistics/supply chain environment
- Experience using an MRP/ERP system.
- Professional supply Chain Certification a plus (CPIM, CPSC, CPM)
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain/Purchasing Analyst, Logistics Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Familiar or exposure to the following supply chain processes (e.g. Inventory Planning, Master Scheduling, Procurement, Manufacturing Operations, and Sales and Operations Planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (with a strong comfort level in Excel and Pivot tables), relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, INFOR, PeopleSoft or similar)
- Analytical mind with business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Positive / proactive approach
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time