Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Quality Control (QC) Manager to support the continued growth of our business.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the QC Manager is will develop and implement standardization processes that support business goals and objectives utilizing six sigma tools, quality software tools, data collection and analysis through benchmarking across all sites. Position will have an opportunity to become a key team member in new product developments together with the marketing department. The key for this position is growth, and we would like someone who is open to growing with us while we explore new possibilities.
- Plan, direct or coordinate quality assurance programs across all sites
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
- Develop, implement and review statistical analysis that identifies defects, exception to quality processes, test methods, service and trends.
- Ensure compliance of all quality control documentation, document change activities and record retention requirements.
- Develop and train ways of improving the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality products on all sites
- Establish and monitor effectiveness of quality systems and strategies ensuring customer complaints are effectively addressed through lean and continuous improvement techniques.
- Establish and coordinate waste program, waste tracking and analysis for all sites.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Arrange for all gauges and measured devices and establish effective controls to ensure that such items are properly used, maintained and periodically calibrated for accuracy.
- Alert V.P. of Manufacturing and Plant Managers of quality problems.
- Work with Product Development Manager team, Manufacturing and Marketing personnel to make new product development samples.
- Oversee the Internal Audit program including maintaining an internal audit team, scheduling audits, ensuring non-conformances and opportunities for improvement are properly documented and closed out per required timing.
- Working with Six Sigma / Lean BB to develop, implement and lead quality and continuous improvement strategies which support the overall business strategy and directly impact matrices of quality and customer service of the facilities.
- Support roll out of Spinrite strategies for quality management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering, or Science related field with 5-7 years of related work experience in manufacturing.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers
- Experience in Product Development a plus
- Relevant staff leadership experience (5 years)
- Five years experience in textiles a plus
- Experience in Advanced Quality Planning
- Black Belt Lean/Six Sigma Certification or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Demonstrable experience in leading significant change within a manufacturing organization.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications.