We are looking for a Quality Manager to join our growing Quality team in Albany, GA.
The Quality Manager will play a key role by independently fulfilling essential Quality functions while supporting all departments in Albany. At Spinrite, we have big plans, so the ideal candidate will be someone who is adept at working within an evolving workplace but can also help us to maintain key processes and functions.
As a part of this role, the Quality Manager will also have an opportunity to become a key team member in new product developments together with the marketing department. Key responsibilities for this role will include ensuring products meet quality and efficiency standards set by the company, as well as, coordinate the activities required to meet these quality standards. The key for this position is growth, and we would like someone who is open to growing with us while we explore new possibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all quality control documentation, document change activities and record retention requirements.
- Establish and monitor effectiveness of quality systems and strategies ensuring customer complaints are effectively addressed through lean and continuous improvement techniques.
- Establish waste program, waste tracking and analysis for Albany.
- Arrange for all gauges and measured devices and establish effective controls to ensure that such items are properly used, maintained and periodically calibrated for accuracy.
- Alert V.P. of Manufacturing and Plant Managers of quality problems.
- Work with Product Development Manager Supervisor, Manufacturing and Marketing personnel to make new product samples.
- Oversee the Internal Audit program including maintaining an internal audit team, scheduling audits, ensuring non-conformances and opportunities for improvement are properly documented and closed out per required timing.
- Working with Six Sigma / Lean BB to develop, implement and lead quality and continuous improvement strategies which support the overall business strategy and directly impact matrices of quality and customer service of the facility.
- Support roll out of Spinrite strategies for quality management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering, or Science related field with 5-7 years of related work experience in manufacturing.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers
- Relevant staff leadership experience (5 years)
- Five years experience in textiles a plus
- Experience in Advanced Quality Planning
- Black Belt Lean/Six Sigma Certification with experience with Minitab or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Demonstrable experience in leading significant change within a manufacturing organisation.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications.