Although Spinrite has long-established roots in Listowel, ON we have since grown to be North America’s largest marketer of craft yarn. We are growing faster than ever with production facilities and offices all across Canada and US! Despite the fact that we have employees all across these two countries, we think of ourselves as a family and we are proud of our long-standing presence in the community and of the people who work with us. It is through our employees’ hard work and dedication over the years that we have been able to establish our strong position in the textile industry. We take pride in what we do and the results we see speak for themselves. Looking to the future, our goal is to be the largest inspiration-driven company for makers all over the world.
With this growth, Spinrite is looking for Afternoon Material Handlers to join our growing team in Listowel, ON!. This individual will be responsible for operating material handling equipment for various tasks in our warehouse facility. We are looking for ambitious individuals who enjoy a variety of duties during the shift as this position will also be asked to do warehouse tasks and other shipping/ receiving duties required in the warehouse as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 6 months + of material handling experience required
- Safety focused mindset
- Must have excellent communication skills and a professional outlook
- Ability to work afternoons during weekdays (occasional Saturday may come up)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Reliability and dependability
What will you do in a day?
- Movement of material within facility utilizing reach trucks and end riders
- Organization of pick locations, manual restocking of cartons onto racking.
- Accurate and timely completion of paperwork involving basic math skills.
- Product recognition, involving accurate matching of product codes.
- Proactive ability to identify product concerns (i.e. product label errors)
- Prioritize duties to match the distribution needs
- Prepare orders for shipment using electronic scanners.
Why work for Spinrite?
- Competitive wages
- Benefits package after 3 months
- Group RRSP- with immediate enrolment
- Safety boot allowances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff discounts
- Company paid training