Spinrite is North America’s largest marketer of craft yarn. Our Sales team is one of the most influential drivers of growth within our Company, building strong relationships with our customers, from major retailers to small family-owned stores.
We are looking for a Sales Category Analyst who will be responsible for working with all available data to predict customer purchasing patterns, identifying sales trends, tracking promotional programs and making business recommendations based on factual data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly analysis of defined special accounts, using shipments and sales volume of Spinrite’s products.
- Weekly review of Spinrite’s performance for each account via “Scorecards”.
- Review, track and analyze Point of Sale (POS) data. Highlight findings and make recommendations.
- Analyze and plan for adequate supply of product to meet store demands for each customer (Counter Stocks analysis).
- Analyze sales compared to forecast and budget using Rate of Sale (ROS). Make adjustments when necessary.
- Review weekly, monthly and yearly forecast requirements affected by auto replenishments, promotions, etc.
- Analyze, report, and address any shipment problems. Work with team to fix issues.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Forecast Manager and Account Managers to share and discuss information related to assigned accounts.
- Travel to various locations in Canada and the US, where and when appropriate.
- Work with Finance and other functional teams to assess process and control information.
- Identify emerging trends based on analysis of sales and reconciliation results.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales departments to understand current promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales analytics.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- University degree or College diploma in business or equivalent combination of education and work experience.