Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Sales Category Analyst to further enhance our relationship with our customers. This is an excellent role to kickstart your career and will open other exciting opportunities within our company for the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the Sales Category Analyst will be responsible for working with all available data to predict customer purchasing patterns, identify sales trends, track promotional programs and make business recommendations based on factual data. The ideal candidate for this role is analytical, strategic and a self-starter.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and have aspirations for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly analysis of defined special accounts, using shipments and sales volume of Spinrite’s products.
- Weekly review of Spinrite’s performance for each account via “Scorecards”.
- Review, track and analyze Point of Sale (POS) data. Highlight findings and make recommendations.
- Analyze and plan for adequate supply of product to meet store demands for each customer (Counter Stocks analysis).
- Analyze sales compared to forecast and budget using Rate of Sale (ROS). Make adjustments when necessary.
- Review weekly, monthly and yearly forecast requirements affected by auto replenishments, promotions, etc.
- Analyze, report, and address any shipment problems. Work with team to fix issues.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Forecast Manager and Account Managers to share and discuss information related to assigned accounts.
- Travel to various locations in Canada and the US, where and when appropriate.
- Work with Finance and other functional teams to assess process and control information.
- Identify emerging trends based on analysis of sales and reconciliation results.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales departments to understand current promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- University degree or College diploma in business or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organization and time management skills
- Previous experience with Sales Analytics would be an asset