Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Senior Production Planner to support the production team at our handknit facility in Albany, Georgia.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry and aspire for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Review MRP recommendations, inventory levels, demand trends and seasonal activity to create a 4-6-week master production schedule
- Schedule and release weekly work orders to ensure optimal production levels
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Anticipate future work order requirements vs. capacity and make recommendations to flex production according to demand requirements
- Identify and resolve problems relating to production and inventory to minimize customer service delays
- Address issues regarding production attainment by working cross-functionally with mill team members to develop solutions and maintain production levels
- Actively participate in regular production meetings and promptly inform the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules, lead-times and availability
- Produce reports based on findings and performance of production
- Manage deadlines based on project expectations
- International travel up to 10% of the time (local and overnight) may be required.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements
- Participate in special projects and performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Supply Chain Management or Logistics or equivalent experience is
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous.
- Proven experience as a production planner.
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in a planning or procurement environment
- Sound knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
- Analytical and negotiation skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.