We are looking for an IT Service Desk Technician to join our team and provide internal customer support to our growing organization.
As the first point of contact for any IT related issues, the IT Service Desk Technician will support the IT team by monitoring and responding to internal requests, troubleshooting technical issues and setting up equipment across our locations.
As a part of this role you will be able to:
- Receive and respond to service desk tickets for internal customers in a timely manner.
- Provide IT support and guidance on-site or through telephone and email in a professional manner
- Participate in the employee onboarding process by setting up new users and ensuring they have appropriate access to the needed hardware and software
- Install and upgrade software, install hardware and configure systems and applications
- Provide support to users on the usage of new applications or technology
- Monitor progress of outstanding issues and ensure users remain up-to-date with consistent follow-up
- Perform preventative maintenance on the company’s hardware and software
- Creation of documentation and SOP’s
- When required, escalate problems to vendors or senior IT staff to find a solution
- Perform other duties as required
- Technical diploma or degree, or equivalent work experience (2-3 years)
- Knowledge of computer hardware, network security protocols and software applications (Endpoint O/S’s – All versions of Windows and OSX, and Office 365)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present concepts in user-friendly language
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks under time constraints
- Travel is required to satellite locations, must have a valid passport and driver’s license
- Experience with MS SCCM, Active Directory, and support ticket management systems would be considered an asset