Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on accelerating our digital reach, Spinrite is looking for a Social Media Specialist to help take our social media presence to the next level.
In this role, you will be Spinrite’s social media champion, creating and sharing content that drives engagement and expands our reach across all social channels. Reporting to the Social Media Manager, you will collaborate with Digital Marketing, Brand, and Creative teams to develop engaging content that inspires consumers to explore both the craft and our products. If you want to be responsible for sparking creativity and inspiring crafters everywhere, then we want to hear from you!
- Develop social strategies and content plans to align with monthly marketing objectives on social media platforms
- Coordinate influencer content to compliment planned brand campaigns
- Identify brand advocates to help grow the Yarnspirations online community
- Serve as an in-house expert on trending topics and how they will influence content
- Publish content according to best practice, ensuring it is optimized, easy to find and share
- Create a sense of community by proactively monitoring and engaging in social media conversation, leveraging consumer feedback to optimize future communications
- Gather and interpret social metrics for all channels and other key performance data on a weekly basis, leveraging native platform reporting and other tools such as Rival IQ and Google Analytics
- Leverage insights and industry best practices to apply to overarching strategy and daily tactical execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience managing business accounts across social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Experience with social media reporting, such as Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for textile crafts and experience in knitting and/or crocheting
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining an attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple tasks
- Willing and able to post and monitor content outside of normal business hours as required
The deadline to apply is July 16th, 2019.