Spinrite is the largest craft yarn company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, Spinrite is looking for a Sourcing Analyst to support our continued growth.
Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, the Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for global sourcing of Spinrite’s Branded products from project development through implementation to develop competitive supplier solutions and support business owners to build successful brand programs that yield higher sales revenue and profitability.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes full ownership and responsibility for successful completion of sourcing projects designed to assess sourcing opportunity, reduce product cost, and improve product quality.
- Works closely with New Product Development, Quality Assurance Team, and other cross-functional team members to develop and implement effective time bound project plans and timelines for above referenced projects.
- Successfully completes projects within stated timelines, and effectively communicates with all involved team members and business owners if/when timelines cannot be met.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers by providing accurate information, timely and reliable feedback, and maintaining positive attitude and team-oriented approach to all duties and responsibilities.
- Develop a “best in class” supply base internationally, including manufacturers as well as sourcing agents, trading companies, and brokers.
- Assists the business to ensure products and services are procured in a compliant environment.
- Leads and influences key stakeholders in the sourcing process and presents fact-based analysis and recommendations to drive decisions.
- Identifies and tracks agreements/contracts currently in effect and maintains a calendar of expiration dates.
- Take leadership of various cross-functional responsibilities in order to ensure operational success.
- Documents and reports progress to Global Sourcing Manager and all involved cross-functional parties.
- Completes detailed and accurate project summary documents at key milestones throughout sourcing process, documenting results to date and clearly indicating steps leading to completion.
- Ensures that procurement service level targets and savings objectives are achieved.
- International travel up to 10% of the time (local and overnight) may be required.
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Supply Chain Management or Logistics or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of two to four years of experience in procurement/logistics environment required.
- Has current knowledge/understanding of key commodity markets and global supplier economics
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills required.
- Experience with strategic sourcing processes and international procurement required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) required.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.