Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and sewing thread company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a SQL Power BI Developer to support our team.
Reporting to the VP of IT, the SQL Power BI Developer will design the enterprise reporting, queries, dashboards, graphs, and data mappings. Providing a single point of truth to the organization in a user-friendly experience, with easy self-service access. This role will work with individuals across the organization to achieve our business growth, goals, and objectives. This role will be closely aligned with the Information Architect.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace and would like exposure to growth. If you would like to get on board with the fastest-growing company in the industry and aspire for success, this role may be for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create “Gold” reports to the organization providing single points of truth.
- Develop base line quires and extracts that the power users can build on to provide deeper knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Establish Dashboards with clear KPIs that are fully aligned with the “Gold” reports so the business can focus on the information and not the accuracy of the information.
- Provide data mapping to allow the movement and integrity of business data from various systems
- Administration duties, user security setup, document version control
- Use industry standard ETL tools and technologies.
- Provide assistance and high-level training to the power users with the BI tools and technologies.
- Utilize automation methods to distribute data as needed.
- Works closely with all members of the IT team as well as the overall business.
- Proactively develops, maintains and evangelizes technical knowledge in BI, Reporting, Quires, Dashboards and adjacent technologies. Keeps up-to-date on current trends and best practices.
- Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized areas(s) including Microsoft Azure, D365, Power BI, ETL tools, AI/ML, Cyber Security.
- Effectively communicate and influence others towards moving to future state architectures.
- Provides strong strategic and technical thought leadership and ability to align diverse opinions.
- Improves time to market through the identification of re-useable technical assets and incorporating these into enterprise information architecture models and enterprise data architecture standards.
- Ability to pitch in to assist others in IT as well as our business end users as needed.
- Performs assessments and listens to the internal/external customers to understand and anticipate their needs and determine their priorities in the context of the overall enterprise.
- Work across diverse teams, perspectives and opinions and quickly build consensus.
- 5 years of BI experience in an international company with manufacturing, distribution, wholesale, and eCommerce.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Power BI, ETL products, D365 or similar ERP systems.
- Prior experience with International organizations and related compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with M&A activities resulting in assessing, consolidating and sunsetting various technologies and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.