Spinrite is the largest craft yarn and threads company in North America. As an industry leader focused on driving growth and execution excellence, we are looking for a Trade Marketing Associate to drive the consumer experience.
Reporting to the Coats & Clark Marketing Director, the Trade Marketing Associate is responsible for understanding the opportunities and requirements for our retail partners and distribution channels to develop and implement creative merchandising solutions. Ultimately, the focus is on the process that takes place between that first thought the consumer has about purchasing an item all the way through to the selection and purchase of that item.
At Spinrite, our plans are to grow, so this position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who thrives within an evolving workplace. If you would like to get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry, this role may be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion, with the involvement of the key stakeholders, the visual guidelines for in-store merchandising materials to support our programs
- Lead the update on trade catalogues/colour cards, manage stock needs on a yearly basis, and coordinate with creative team and sourcing the execution of the Marketing plan for these retail sales materials
- Collaborate with key account teams to understand the opportunities and needs to win and/or improve shelf space in existing and/or new customers
- Support Procurement & Purchasing on all aspects of one-off or on-going purchases of POS materials, while meeting financial objectives, quality standards and customer-defined specifications.
- Project management of in-store visual merchandising launches for customer-specific programs
- Monitor costs related with Display Materials to maintain agreed upon budgets.
- Ensure the accurate and timely execution of Display Master Data (PA) set-up in coordination with the Product Lead for merchandise when necessary for coordinated programs.
- Understanding the marketplace and customer needs to advise PD team in product development opportunities.
- Provide up-to-date knowledge of cutting edge on-shelf display materials and techniques with the goal to increase shelf space or sales productivity.
- Monitor market retail prices on our product categories and maintain appropriate market retail pricing audit updated
- Monitor and apply various merchandising methods and ensure increase in market share on all our product categories
- Tracking and report results of various in-store marketing initiatives
- Utilize available data and shopper insights to provide recommendations to drive category distribution and market share
- Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Minimum three years’ related trade marketing / retail merchandising experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive retail experience and an understanding of what motivates shoppers
- Expert with retail math calculations ie; sales turns, sales curves etc.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in project management, product design, and sourcing.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with accuracy
- Objectives and results oriented
- Creative and innovative capability
- Collaborative and team player
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Available & flexible to travel
- Demonstrated knowledge of the craft industry would be an asset