Spinrite is an inspiration and education-driven crafts company in the North American market. Bernat, Red Heart, Caron, Coats & Clark and Yarnspirations are our key brands, supporting brick and mortar and e-commerce sales channels. Our products are available at leading retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, Jo-Ann Stores and Michaels. We take pride in what we do and are passionate about inspiring creativity for our consumers. Recently, we have grown significantly. In early 2019, we purchased Coats & Clark, which essentially doubled the size of our company. Moving to the future, our vision is to the world’s largest inspiration-driven company for makers all over the world.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Analytics and Insights, this individual will be responsible for supporting the execution of commercial analytics, by uncovering and interpreting consumer and market insights. Generating deep insights and integrated stories with data that inform business stakeholders and identify business opportunities. Analyzing data across business units that deliver insights into consumer behavior and opportunities that can be capitalized on commercially.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Connect data from multiple sources, analyze and interpret that data to uncover consumer insights that inform business decisions.
· Apply business analytics techniques to uncover insights and deliver simple, clear, and actionable conclusions and recommendations.
· Support and execution of consumer research, digital surveys, and other related tasks.
· Effectively, clearly, and succinctly communicate and present information while building close relationships with members of the marketing, digital marketing, ecommerce, and sales teams.
· Respond to ad hoc requests for analysis, data, and information on a regular basis.
· Generate and maintain Excel and Power BI reports on ad hoc and ongoing basis.
· Clean, transform, and integrate multiple data sources to be used in the process of analytics, reporting, and insights.
· SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY No specific responsibility for health and safety of others, beyond following standard defined health and safety procedures and reporting any observed workplace hazards
· Perform other duties as required.
· Business Analysis
· Business Intelligence and Reporting
· Ecommerce & Digital Marketing
· Excel, Power Point
· SQL, relational databases
· Power BI and/or Tableau
· Google Analytics, Social and Paid Ads platforms
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Two plus years of experience working in analytics related departments (Analytics, BI, Insights, etc.).
· Experience with Excel including data integration functions and pivot tables.
· Experience with SQL to select, join and aggregate data for analysis and reporting.
· Experience creating and maintaining reports using Visual Analytics tools, such as Power BI.
· Experience working with data from multiple sources that need cleanup/transformation/integration
· Experience working with multi-skilled teams
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and ask to be directed to HR.