Spinrite is an inspiration and education-driven crafts company in the North American market. Bernat, Red Heart, Caron, Coats & Clark and Yarnspirations are our key brands, supporting brick and mortar and e-commerce sales channels. Our products are available at leading retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, Jo-Ann Stores and Michaels. We take pride in what we do and are passionate about inspiring creativity for our consumers. Recently, we have grown significantly. In early 2019, we purchased Coats & Clark, which essentially doubled the size of our company. Moving to the future, our vision is to the world’s largest inspiration-driven company for makers all over the world.
About the Role
Reporting to the Logistics lead this individual will be responsible for all daily transportation tasks to include domestic LTL/TL/Parcel/Dray and international ocean and air. This role is a direct support function to both global manufacturing and distribution networks. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for maintaining successful processes, controls, and relationships to improve product visibility and reduce overall transportation spend while improving processes throughout the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Track and trace all inbound containers and update the SharePoint document daily
• Communicate daily with drayage providers and DC stakeholders for inbound scheduling and updating of SharePoint.
• Establish and own key relationships with all transportation related vendors within our network through regularly scheduled business reviews and meetings.
• Work fluidly across all departments within Spinrite to ensure all Transportation needs are being understood and addressed appropriately.
• Develop process flows, controls and SOP’s for all logistics related functions.
• Initiate and document cost savings/process improvement efforts where opportunities are presented.
• Assist the Logistics Lead in acquiring containers and vessel space on an overflow/spot basis (if freight forwarder partners are constrained).
• Assist with expedited shipments (i.e., air).
• Provide detailed costs and analysis of all transportation spends. This includes ocean, air, TL, LTL, Dray, Detention & Demurrage, and expedited shipments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Positive / proactive approach
• Working knowledge of MS Office (with a strong comfort level in Excel and Pivot tables)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a logistics/transportation department
• Experience with Ocean Carrier/ Freight Forwarder communications and tracking
• Experience with managing drayage providers and dispatching/scheduling inbound containers
• Experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting
• Experience working within ERP systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, INFOR, PeopleSoft or similar
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and ask to be directed to HR.