Spinrite is an inspiration and education-driven crafts company in the North American market. Bernat, Red Heart, Caron, Coats & Clark and Yarnspirations are our key brands, supporting brick and mortar and e-commerce sales channels. Our products are available at leading retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, Jo-Ann Stores and Michaels. We take pride in what we do and are passionate about inspiring creativity for our consumers. Recently, we have grown significantly. In early 2019, we purchased Coats & Clark, which essentially doubled the size of our company. Moving to the future, our vision is to the world’s largest inspiration-driven company for makers all over the world.
About the Role
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating all activities related to distribution within the DC. This includes ensuring that the DC is operating in a safe and efficient manner. Other key duties include ensuring product is received, stored, picked and shipped in full, on time and within budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Communicate daily with supervisors on issues concerning the DC
• Communicate with other management concerning departmental and DC issues
• Resolve conflict, problems and issues that develop in the DC
• Determine facility scheduling & staffing
• Ensure inventory is kept at company determined accuracy levels
• Ensure company established quality procedures are maintained throughout DC operations
• Set continuous improvement goals for team members
• Ensure equipment maintenance is performed according to schedule
• Evaluate the Supervisors performance
• Evaluate facility job procedures for strategy and proactive solutions
• Monitor labor to meet customer ship dates
• Create a team atmosphere
• Participate in all safety committee meetings and oversee safety compliance within the DC
• Work in a safe manner and meet company safety requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work closely and professionally with all departments.
• Multiple Supervisors will report into this role
• Five years’ supervisory experience in a Distribution environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
• Knowledge of distribution systems and processes
• Understanding of inventory control procedures
• Experience with Lean principles/tools is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with good understanding of other Microsoft Office tools
• Ability to prioritize work and delegate responsibility
• Problem solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills
Spinrite is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without regard to any status protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and applicable state law. If you need assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at 519-291-3780 and ask to be directed to HR.